Monday, January 17, 2011

Gifts from the Universe

I've had an ongoing fascination with rainbows for about the past six or seven years.  I believe this had to do with my opening up and allowing myself to see the beauty which is all around us. Since that time, I have been receiving these Universal gifts in lots of highly unusual places. I have remarked on rainbows which suddenly appeared on bus benches, on street signs, on pavement, in a clear blue sunlit sky, and on empty walls.  Some people ask for feathers; some want pennies – for me, I’ll take the rainbow. I consider myself lucky to witness these wonderful, positive and affirming energies when they make their infrequent and inspirational appearances.

Today is Martin Luther King's birthday and I was on my way into the office. Yes, I'd lingered extra-long in the bed before throwing back the covers and announcing aloud, to Spirit and myself, it was going to be a wonderful day. I quickly got myself dressed, fortified with a bowl of oatmeal and cinnamon for breakfast and headed out.  Heading out, I grabbed a coat thinking I’d better be prepared – it had been a fair weekend, but the weather couldn't seem to make up its mind.  Even then, I wasn't prepared for the gift the Universe was getting ready to bestow on me.

Every morning, I make the same drive down this four-lane road which gives me the perfect opportunity to see the mountains and judge the weather on the other side of the Continental Divide. Most days, I'm greeted with beautiful scenery, but today was different.

Before witnessing this morning's display, I was still peeling away the layers of weekend fog to be ready to handle some tough assignments I had ahead of me. Having settled into my familiar commute, I was barely five minutes from my front door, when the sun beamed out of the Eastern sky at my back, like a Hollywood spotlight. Surprised by the intense glow which enveloped my car; I immediately looked up and found myself staring at an impressive rainbow silhouetted against fluffy clouds spilling over the mountain tops.  Carefully etched into the cloud layer, it reminded me of an illustrated pathway to the heavens, a beautiful, colorful bridge resembling Dorothy's yellow brick road in the Wizard of Oz.

My heart was suddenly filled with unexplainable ecstasy. Everything around me ceased to exist and for a time, there was only me, the rainbow, and Divine consciousness – LOVE -- surrounding me and my car. I found myself wishing with all my being to be allowed to leave my car parked by the side of the road and hike up the rainbow so I could bear witness to what was on the other side. Blinded by the intensity of the sights and sounds around me, I nearly steered my car into the opposite lane. Thankfully, it was empty and I was in no danger. The car was on auto-pilot, guiding me safely down the hill to the next intersection.

For a brief moment, I was filled with sadness and I realized it was because there was no one else around to share this joyful experience. Quickly recovering, I looked up again only to find the rainbow had disappeared. As I normally do, I took this to be a sign – a big “thumbs up” from the Universe. Just so you know, the mountains are a good 30-45 minute drive from where I live, so I can only imagine the level of intensity had I been closer! This experience just confirmed my affirmation for the day: I AM TRULY THANKFUL FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS I RECEIVE!

What a blessed day! Love and light,

Cheryl
IntuitiveGoddesse

No comments:

Post a Comment